Thursday, July 22, 2010
This just keeps getting worse!!!!
I went for a beta again today. We spent the day (supposed to be there for a few days)at the campground. I was swimming with Quin when the nurse called and Matt spoke to her. My number was 81.3 Monday, and 166 today, 3 days later. Doubled. She told Matt that the Dr. wanted me to go for labs today so that I can come in tomorrow for the shot of methotrexate (sp?) to abort the fetus because it may be ectopic. Matt told her that I would not be taking any shot without having an US first. She told him that we wouldn't be abe to see anything because my numbers are so low. Again, Matt said no shot without an US. So she scheduled an US for tomorrow morning at 9am, followed by a dr. appointment at 10am. She then called back to ask for my height and weight so she could order the shot of metho for tomorrow. I answered the phone this time and basically asked her why for 3 weeks we farted around with this and now its a big hurry up do the shot tomorrow? Was it because my number doubled? Her response, "No, its because it continues to rise." OK...so again, there doesn't seem to be a change. Its been rising for 3 weeks. Why is it now, today, a rush to get this shot? Why would the shot be ordered and given without US? I have NO symptoms of ectopic. it could be molar, blighted ovum, a crappy embryo not doing what it should...or maybe, just maybe a viable pregnancy. And, why is the doctor not calling me herself with this plan of action. This is complete bullshit. I told her I want a second opinion before any shot. I really liked my RE up until this adventure and I feel like tomorrow is going to get heated and in the end we won't ave a good working relationship. I know this could be ectopic, Im not doubting that possibility. Im just not convinced it for sure is. Methotrexate is a serious medication. I don't want to make this decision based on assumptions. I feel like they think Im being silly. They keep reiterating that this is not a viable pregnancy. OK...but that doesn't mean it is ectopic either. Im so scared right now. I feel like I have to make this decision without knowledge. I can't do an US myself. What if the tech isn't good, or doesn't care enough to look hard enough? Do I trust her? Do I trust my doctor? What if I don't take the sho and I rupture? I could be really sick, or even die. What if this is a viable pregnancy and I kill my baby?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are doing the right thing... have faith and get a second or third opinion. Do not take the shot!! Trust your gut... *hugs*
ReplyDelete