We came home and I spent the evening online reading about miscarrying one twin while maintaining the other. I started getting a little bit of hope. The cramps and bleeding continued. Matt went to work, I went to bed. The next morning I went to Quincy for my first beta. Matt too the kids back to the campground and I stayed home. I felt like shit. Crampy and uncomfortable. The nurse called with a beta of 46.7 which she said was on the low end of average. She said we should be "cautiously opptimistic". I went back and forth between opptimistic and convinced it was done. My hope was that maybe I had only lost one. Not that that was a happy thought. Thats another thing thats unsettling. When I had my first miscarriage I was of course devestated that I was not pregnant but I was also devestated that my baby had dies...a baby had died. I went through 2 different mourning...mourning a pregnancy and mourning the loss of a child. This time was different. I was mourning the loss of a pregnancy. Thats it. I felt no connection to the child(ren) and that makes me so sad. Has this whole process hardened me so much that I had become that cold? Or was it just that I had guarded myself and didn't allow myself to get attached from the beginning? Im not sure but it has really been on my mind the past 2 days. I admit it has made this miscarriage significantly easier to cope with. Last time I was really haunted by the thought of my lost child, and where his/her soul ended up. This time it hasn't really even been a thought...and thats fucked up! How can a mother not be in mourning for the loss of her child?!
Anyways, the nurse said she wanted to see me back in 3 days, all the way in waltham, for my second beta. I begged for Saturday but no go. Since I am impatient I decided friday morning i would go to my pcp walk in clinic and ask for a beta, which I did. I lied to the NP and said I had done an unmonitored femara cycle. She called back at 10am with my results: 41. So it had falled in 24 hours. Done. Over. I told Matt. As I posted on my "board" several women responded that it could still be a lost twin and not to lose hope.
I spend the rest of the day online, reading my cysters respnses, some offering hop, most offering condolenses. Im gratefull for both. There is like a 10% glimmer of hope left in me. Like, what if it was a lost twin and I am still pregnant with one?! How amazing! But then that other 90% ells me its done, over, the cramps and the bleeding are too much for a tiny embryo to withstood.
So...I am starting to really get sad. Its taken me 2 days, but Im there. Im sad, and angry. Angry with God. Again. Im also feeling extra close to Quin. I just want to hold him all day. I almost woke him up and brought him into my bed last night.
We have 2 frozen embryos. I have never been able to say that before. I am scared to touch them...literally. I feel like I have destroyed 3 perfect 8 cell embryos in the past so why should next time be any different. I also have another fresh cycle approved by insurance. That is a very daunting task to even think of at this point. I know it will NOT be done next summer. I refuse to ruin another summer being tied up in IVF. But, thats getting ahead of ourselves. Honestly I don't know if Matt will even do it again. I know we'll do the FET, maybe in the fall.
I just want TTC to be done, over, behind us. Our life has been on hold for 6 years now. I want Quin to have a sibling so bad. I want to experience pregnancy and newborn days one more time. Thats it, just once more and I will be able to put this behind us. I need this weight off my shoulders. My marriage needs this weight off of it also.
Hugs Sarah!
ReplyDeleteThat is all I can say. I'm sorry you feel so down, and I know your feelings are normal. I wish I could offer some words of wisdom, or hope or nurturing of some sort. I hate that you are feeling so down....know, that nothing you did caused this....all of us are hear for you, if you need anything at all....just let me know. I'm always just a call/text away!
<3
Sam
I'm sorry. I can say I honestly know exactly what you are going through. It's not fucking fair. Take some time off...relax...and have a go at it again. Thinking of you...
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear this. Huge ((hugs))!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are going thru this! I keep up with you on SC (yateswab) and I just wanted to tell you to take so extra time for yourself. TTC is so taxing on a person, couple and family, but in the end it is worth it. I got pg with my son with one of the first clomid cycles (1 pill) and thought it would happen just as easily again. Unfortunatley it didn't. I would get frustrated or have a loss after trying for months, (and even with that my husband was in the navy and on a ship so that was a huge challenge in itself). What I did is when it got too hard I steped away and waited. Our eggs will still be there for a few more years (thanks PCOS). Then I lost a baby at 10 wks in 2007 and a few months later we moved from TX to CA. I agreed to try only after testing to make sure it wasn't either of us and I refused to do injectables again. Like you said those cycles can be horrible and feel long as hell. So we started met (had not used before) and clomid and I actually started to ovulate! I didnt after I had my son no matter what the dose. We did a couple of cycles but it didnt take. And my husband had a physical coming up so I told him to mention our ttc. Well he called me that day and said the doc found something on his testicle but it was probably nothing so they sent HIM for a ultrasound and we went on vacation. He was sent the Dr.'s report from the us before the doc did and that is how we learned he had a mass that was 3/4 of his right testicle. We had a wirlwind surgery, diagnosis and then a visit for the radiation oncologist who said he needed radiation and we would not be able to ttc for at least 6mo to a yr, and then he may not even be fertile ever again because radiation does destroy that tissue. We asked for 3months and he would start treatment after the holidays. That gave us a few precious cycles. Needless to say I got pg the second cycle. This pg had been so easy, no problems except a gallstone. We went through alot during my pg, retirement from the military, a cross country move and a new career plus the birth of the baby. But it has been great because my husband can spend a ton of time with Cal, something he couldn't with Brent because of the Navy. He missed soo much along the yrs. In the end I too realized that Brent was a miracle baby, we just didnt find out till later how much and Cal is just a miracle for being here and getting us through some hard times. I know this is really long but I wanted you to hear that ttc is hard and you can step away and come back later. I did, it did take almost 8 yrs of trying off and on but it happened, and for us right at the perfect time. I will pray for you and your family because I have been where you are. What ever you do make sure it is with peace in your heart, it will be the best at the time for your precious family that is here now. Have faith in yourself, it will grow in the future.
ReplyDeleteAmy
PS sorry if it too much info right now, I just dont want you to lose hope :)