Friday, June 25, 2010
retrieval is done...now the wait begins
On Tuesday my E2 was 2954 and I had about 13 or so measurable follicles so I triggered with 2 ovidril shots that night. I had retrieval yesterday (Thursday). I was happy that my own doctor, Dr. Zimon was on. I don't think she is the best doctor there, but I like her personality. Once in the OR I climbed up on teh table and the very nice anesthesia doctor got my IV gong on the first try. She gave me a little cocktail. Can I just say I really enjoy this part...seriously. Its a little trippy and I like it. lol. No, Im not even kidding at all. This trip lasted longer than usual..maybe 2 minutes before I fell asleep...or until I stopped remembering. Whichever. Also this was the first time I woke up in the OR. I woke up just as they were getting ready to have me move to the stretcher. I rested a bit in the recovery area and felt pretty good. My upper thighs and hips hurt a bit from being in those crazy stirrups. Matt came in and we saw dr. Zimon. She said they got 13 eggs relatively easily. She was happy, we were happy. She said she feels really positive about it. She also said she doesn't usually say that but sometimes she just gets a vibe. OK..I'll take it! So, now we wait. They will call this afternoon with the fertilzation report. This is the moment of truth. Last time none fertilized so the reality is that this could be just as bad. Im not sure how I will react. Last time it took me a few days to get really upset/angry and then it took me a really long time to get over it. I say that I am prepared for the worst...but really who is? i just hope Matt is ok. He doesn't communicate and that just makes things worse. Monday is his birthday...what a shitty way to spend the day if we get bad news. Im hoping Dr. Zimon herself calls with great news. By great I mean like 2 embryos. Good news would be one. Some people get dissapointed to hear they only have 5 or 6. Please! waiting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.