Friday, June 25, 2010

Fert report just in

OMG...thats the phrase of the day in this house! We waited all day to get the call, but it was worth it. Around 2:30 Matt said his bet was 7 were fertilized. Of course he was joking. I laughed and said, "Please...I am hoping for 2. 2 would be great news, 1 would be good news". I never in a million years would have guessed that 10 would have fertilized! yes, 10. Holy shit! 13 eggs retrieved and all 13 were mature. our other cycles looked like this:

1) 7 eggs 5 mature 1 fertilized (Quin)
2) 14 eggs 10 mature 1 fertilized (miscarriage)
3) 11 eggs 8 mature 1 poor quality fertilized BFN
4) 20 eggs 9 mature 1 egg sorta fertilized but acted wierd BFN
5) 15 eggs 6 mature 0 fertilized
6) 13 eggs 13 mature as of now 10 fertilized

So, this cycle yielded very different results overall. So, either accupuncture worked or the longer slower cycle made all the difference.
Now we have to sit and wait 2 more days to find out what the final fert outcome is. They don't call tomorrow to update which sucks. I really think they should! So betwen now and Sunday a lot can happn to my precious embryos. When we go in Sunday we won't know how many we have or what the quality is until right before transfer. The plan is to transfer 2 unless quality is very poor and then we would consider more. Augh...thats scary too. I can handle the idea of twins but triplets or more I don't think my body could do that. Twins would be scary too. I just keep saying two is better than none, but one is better than two. I pray this cycle is successful because now everyone's hopes are up. My mom is being wierd. I called with the great results and she just said , "Oh...10. Is that good?" WTF she knows our previous results. She knows 10 is amazing for us. She then said, "Im not getting my hopes up. I can't handle the dissapointment again." She doesn't mean to be Debbie Downer but thats how she gets with this stuff. The only real joy in her life is Quin...its what keeps her going through her illness. To be able to give her another reason to keep on truckin' would be great. Matt is walking around in a stupor. I don't know how he'll handle it if its a bust. I guess I need to just keep positivethoughts for the next few days. If your reading keep our little embryos, all 10!, in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.