Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Will its done...er, I mean, Well its done

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel like a load has been lifted. Our fertility journey is over for good. We had our embryo transfer today and will know in about 10 or 11 days if it was a success. Either way I am happy to say we are done with this long drawn out chapter of IF. We arrived at the center 45 minutes early so I checked to see if they could squeeze me in for an accupuncture session. They said sure. I waited and waited and my anxiety was rising and rising. Finally she appologized and brought me in. It was such a relaxing session. I honestly felt relaxed leaving there. I never felt relaxed after a session with that crazy Asian I used to go to. Im not sure if it was placebo effect or whatever, but I felt elated going into the Surgi area. A doctor I had never met came over and wasn't very friendly. She said we would transfer one embryo, the other did not survive. The one remaining also lost cells going form 8 to 5. I felt a bit of a blow...I asked some questions and found out thats not uncommon and not reason to feel defeated. OK...still feeling happy I changed into a gown and Matt dressed in scrubs. We walked to the OR. I was almost manic I felt so happy. Very strange. I remember thinking "This is the last time I will be back here ever." I savored the moment lol. The nurse was very nice and she guided me up onto the table. Once I was in position Ms. Friendly doctor came over and prepped me. She wasn't chatty or gentle. Matt watched the embryologist load the catheter. We watched on the ultra sound screen as the embryo was released in my uterous. As soon as it entered I noticed the radio. Sade "By your side" came on at the exact moment the embryo was released. I love that song. The doctor wasn't even friendly as we left. No "good luck" or "Nice Vag"...nothing. She is the first Boston IVF staff I have encountered who wasn't personable. Oh well...lets pray she did her job well. I got changed and headed back to the acupuncture area where I had my second session. It was also relaxing and I wished this clinic was closer to my house. I would probably come back if it was. I was/am feeling very at peace. I am trying to have positive thoughts because as the accupuncturist reminded me "thoughts are energy". I was positive energy running through me. We started the drive home and planned to stop for lunch...I wanted soup. To warm my uterous lol. We got off the highway at the next exit and found a panera bread. Perfect! No parking...fail. We drove on and saw a Papa Ginos so Matt pulled in. Let me remind you we are an hour from home, have never been here before. As we are standing in line to order Matt says, "Is that Will? Thats Will..his nametag even says Will!" Will is an old ex boyfriend that I dated from 8th-10th grade. Matt has always hated him because he felt Will stole me from him. Will was a really nice kid, and probably had/has no idea he has been the butt of many jokes between Matt and I. So anyways we are both cracking up laughing. Here, an hour from home, today of all days is Will. Serving us pizza. Matt is bright red trying not to laugh. Of course Will takes our order and instead of pretending he doesn't know me he is very nice and does some small talk. I felt really bad because he probably saw us laughing. We grab a table and continue laughing. Matt just thinks its so funny that Will is a pizza boy. We get our slices and they are huge...so of course I have to comment that Will knows I like em big! I think Matt felt better that Will was no longer the blond haired blue eyed pretty boy he used to be.
Ok...that was a long story but it was just so funny. I came home and took a nap. I have been eating/drinking warm things all day. Its going to be a long 10 or 11 days of course but at this moment i am happy and hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. I almost spit out my Coke when I read "Nice Vag"!!! LMAO. I am sending lots of positive sticky vibes your way!
    LLB!
    Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah (babyme from SC)January 5, 2011 at 1:20 PM

    Good luck!

    The "Nice Vag" comment also had me laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.