Sunday, May 16, 2010

I hate accupuncture

I am taking one for the team. I hate accupuncture. I have been to my little Asian friend 4 times so far, once each week, and I have yet to feel relaxed. The hard wooden exam table that I lay on for one hour is so uncomfortable that my hips and lower back feel like they are cracking in half. I don't typically sleep on my back, so there is no way Im sleeping on a hard table, on my back, with needles sticking out of me. The needles in my wrists hurt...she said those are the ones that go to the heart. The ones on the top/side of my feet hurt also. Surprisingly the ones in my ears and forehead don't bother me. After every session Dr. Chen comes back into the room, flips on the light and asks if I rested. NO! I spend an hour waiting for her to come back to end my torture. She asked me if I could start going twice a week, I told her I can't afford it. Its $65 a session. She looked at me like I was a loser and asked how much I could afford. blunt! I told her that once a week was a stretch. I think if I actually enjoyed it and felt relaxation from it I could scrape up enough for 2x a week...but once a week is plenty for me! I would love to quit, but then I totally threw away $302 that I already spent on the sessions and chinese herbs. Then, say I do quit and this IVF is unsuccessful I will have this "what if.." crap in my head. So, Im sticking it out once a week until transfer. Basically about 5 or 6 more sessions. Yup, Im taking one for the team...again.

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for an award. Visit my blog to see which one! Love your blog! www.dellsdailydish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.