This is my very first attempt at blogging. I guess I will give my history for those who don't know it. I have done 5 IVF cycles so far. The breakdown of those are:
1) 1 perfect 8 cell embryo that is now a 4 year old wild-child named Quinten
2) 1 perfect 8 cell embryo that I misscarried at 5 weeks 5 days.
3) 1 6 cell embryo with fragmentation=negative
4) 1 wierd embryo that nobody knew what to call=negative
5) no embryos at all. we suck! lol
We are about to begin our 6th, and probably last, cycle. We are so fortunate that here in MA our insurance covers 6 cycles. Each cycle would have cost us about $15K. We probably wouldn't have even done a cycle.
Since this is our last cycle I want to do things a little differently. Today I went to my first acupuncture appointment. The dr. was an old Asian lady who was very blunt. She asked where "all this weigh came from?" hmmm, I eat alot? Then she asked me if I want sex. Ummm, not with you? I didn't know that was offered in an acupuncture office!!! So she got right down to business...with needles. She stuck a bunch in my ears, a few in my forehead, some in my feet, knees, belly, and wrists. The ones in my wrist sent a wierd zapping shock down to my finger. Then she put a heat lamp on my stomach and left me to "relax" in the room for about 45 minutes. I didn't relax at all. I couldn't think of anything besides the needles sticking out of me. I was uncomfortable laying on an exam table, trying not to move. Then I spent time wondering how I was going to convince my husband that he should give acupuncture a try...what could it hurt right? I drove home feeling hopeful. Not hopeful that my husband would agree to this turture, er...therapy...but that this IVF was going to be a success. i have alway had this theory that my kids would be 5 yrs apart. I have followed my mothers time line of events with everything. Got married at the same age, had first kid at the same age, and if this IVf works, had our second kid at the same age. This baby will be born within a week of Quin's fifth birthday. His retrieval was at the end of June, and this retrieval will probably be beginning of July. They could even have the same birthday. Oh, thats another wierd thing. Quin was born March 17, 2006. Saint Patrick's Day. My little leprechaun. My second pregnancy due date was also March 17, 2008. If this next baby has that same date...well, thats just freaky!!!
So anyways, as Im driving home I feel a needle sticking out of my neck. I just pull it out. I guess Dr. chen forgot it. Its very thin and tiny. When I get home I casually mention to DH about him going...yeah, he wasn't so rceptive! Even after I explained to him that the needles would NOT be placd in his balls he still didn't seem too enthused. Oh...I found another needle sticking out of my belly. I wonder if Dr. Chen does this to other patients?
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was really LOL, this is going to be quite the journey! Lots of LLB
ReplyDelete