The whole reason we chose to do an IVF cycle in the summer was because we just can't miss work. We are both teachers so we don't have vacation days we can take whenever we want. We instead choose to tie up our summer with a cycle. I never would have guessed that the cycle we started in June would infact probably affect the following school year.
My beta today went down 10%. They need it to go down 15%. The nurse wanted me to come in to get a second methotrexate shot. I explained why I was hesitant: 1) It has come down so maybe it will continue to fall. 2)Chances are it didn't rupture when it was higher so it won't now.
The nurse explained how a rupture can be life threatening blah blah blah. yes, I am aware of that. I then informed her of how sick the shot made me and she said she has never heard of anyone having any side effects from the shot. I should have suggested she check out google! My experience was not that uncommon. she said if I didn't get the shot today or tomorrow then I would need to go to Waltham (because its a saturday) to get labs done tomorrow and the oncall RE would discuss the situation with me. Anyways, I said I would discuss it with my husband and call her back. We (I) decided I was willing to wait until Monday. I would gave it a few days to hopefully go down on its own. I really don't want to get another shot. That stuff is wretched. I am feeling confident that my number is heading in the right direction now. I have felt crampy all day. So now I just pray that I am right. If Monday's number is still high then I will have to give in and get it. That will mean a trip from Plymouth to Quincy (45 minutes each way) once for labs, and then again in the afternoon for the shot. Great. So glad I get to just enjoy my summer.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why have you not had a vaginal u/s yet??
ReplyDelete